Details of Terms & Conditions for Wedding Photography
This agreement is between the Bride and Groom and Chris Bradshaw By T/A “Chris Bradshaw Photography”
Wedding Photography Package and services required.
The booking fee is due on agreeing services (Booking Fee is 50% of the amount agreed with a maximum of
£400), with the balance of the amount agreed due 14 days before the day of the wedding. The bride and groom
agree to provide a meal for the photographer(s) where the length of attendance exceeds five hours.
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Chris Bradshaw By T/A “Chris
Bradshaw Photography” hereafter “the Photographers” and the Bride & Groom.
2. CONFIRMATION: A signed “CONTRACT FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES” and payment of the booking
fee are necessary to confirm the stated wedding services from the Photographers.
3. PRE-WEDDING CONSULTATION: The date of which is to be decided by the photographer and the Bride & Groom.
The bride and groom will outline broadly what is required and the Photographers will advise on planning, logistics
and timings where needed. If required the bride and groom are welcome to meet up for an additional chat closer to
the time of the wedding (about 2 weeks) to iron out the remaining details. In any case I will contact you by phone/
email a few days before the wedding to ensure that there have been no last minute changes.
4. COOPERATION: The Bride and Groom and the Photographers consent to happily cooperate and communicate
with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of this contract. We recommend that
the wedding photographer(s) be provided with a helper (usually the best manor ushers) who will point out key
individuals to be photographed. The photographer(s ) may also require the assistance of the best man in organizing
family groups. The bride and groom also agree to give the photographer(s) sufficient warning of key events at the
wedding to give the photographer time to prepare e.g. Bouquet throwing, cutting the cake,
speeches etc. Please note that not all guests at wedding like having their photo taken. In such cases the wedding
photographer(s) will use his discretion but cannot be held responsible for a lack of photos of these people.
5. THE SCHEDULE: Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve a great set of
wedding photos for the bride and groom, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the
bride and groom and the Photographers therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to
producing outstanding photographic results. In cases where the wedding does not run on time (for example, extreme
lateness by the bride arriving to the church) we cannot guarantee to take our normal set of photos although in such
circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
6. PAPARAZZI WEDDING GUESTS: All your guests will have digital cameras and all your guests will want to
photograph the bride and groom. In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the bride and groom agree to give the
Photographers precedence over your guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services
described above. We cannot be held liable for a lack of wedding photos if guests taking their own photos of the
bride and groom have continually interrupted the photographer’s work.
7. HOUSE RULES: Note the Photographers are sometimes limited by rules imposed by registrars, ministers and venue
management as to what can and cannot be done. For example some ministers insist that no flash photography is
allowed, and others will insist that the Photographers shoot from a specific location. In such circumstances the bride
and groom agree to accept the technical limitations that may be imposed on the equipment used. We advise the
bride and groom to make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with the
8. COPYRIGHT LAW: English Copyright Law states that the copyright of photographs remains with the
photographer. The Photographers grant the Bride and Groom permission to make copies of the images under the
following conditions. The images taken by the Photographers are for personal use by the bride and groom and their
friends and relatives. The Bride and Groom may not change or manipulate these images in any shape or form. Selling,
Publication or any Commercial use of the photographs is not allowed without prior written permission from the
9. MODEL RELEASE: The Bride and Groom grant the Photographers and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns,
the irrevocable and unlimited consent to use the photographs of the bride and groom for editorial, competition,
advertising and any other purpose and in any manner, to alter the photographs without restriction; and to copyright
the images. The Bride and groom hereby release the Photographers and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns
from all liability and claims in connection with the images.
10. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: If a photographer is too ill or becomes injured and cannot supply the wedding services
specified above the Photographers try to book a replacement wedding photographer. Under normal circumstances
a second photographer from the Photographers is there for the day anyway and this photographer will then shoot
the day on his/her own. If both photographers are unavailable and a replacement photographer cannot be found
then liability is limited to a refund of any payments received. The Photographers have working methods in place to
prevent the loss or damage to your images. However, there is the unlikely possibility that images may be lost, stolen
or destroyed for reasons in or beyond our control. In these circumstances liability is limited to the return of fees paid
for the service or part thereof according to the percentage of images supplied.
11. FORCE MAJEURE OR ACT OF GOD: The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation
by either party owing to any cause beyond their control.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by
either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of
the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
13. BOOKING FEE/DEPOSIT: In the event of the bride and groom cancelling the wedding for whatever reason the
booking fee is non refundable. It will be considered as liquidated damages to the Photographers.
14. DELIVERY OF CONTENT: The photographer is not liable to deliver every image taken at the event. The determination of images delivered to the client is left to the discretion of the photographer. All images will be full edited and delivered with a timescale of six weeks so the photographer has sufficient time to provide a well finished end-product.