Details of Terms & Conditions for Wedding Photography
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Chris Bradshaw By T/A “Chris Bradshaw Photography” hereafter “the Photographer” and the Bride & Groom.
2. CONFIRMATION: The Clients agree to retain the Photography for the services listed above by signing this wedding photography contract and paying a non-returnable deposit equal to £500, to be settled within 3 working days on the placement of the booking and signing of this agreement. Clients acknowledge that no reservation can be made prior to the signature of this contract and subsequent payment of the initial service deposit. The remaining balance for the above listed wedding photography services shall be due in full no later than 30 days prior to the date of the event. In the event that payment is not made in full by this deadline, the Photographer reserves the right to terminate this contract, retain the initial deposit, and no longer be held liable for providing further services to the Clients.
3. PRODUCE EXCHANGE The Client(s) agree that under no circumstances can a product be exchanged for an existing product of dissimilar value, unless under strict agreement from the Photographer.
4. CANCELLATION: The Client(s) may cancel this contract at cancel thi time up to 12 weeks prior to the event. To do so, Clients must send a written cancellation notice via either email or certified mail. The Clients hereby forfeit their initial deposit in case of cancellation, and agree to pay the full amount for the services listed above should they cancel this wedding photography contract after the date 12 weeks before the event.
5. RESCHEDULE: Client may reschedule the dates of the ceremony and reception listed above no later than 90 days prior to to the event with the written approval of the Photographer. Should the Photographer be unable to accommodate the Client’s rescheduled date, the Clients will not be held responsible for the remaining balance of this wedding photography contract, but will forfeit their initial deposit.
6. DISPLAY: The client(s) hereby allow(s) the photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, social media, sample albums etc.
7. PRE-WEDDING CONSULTATION: The date of which is to be decided by the photographer and the Bride & Groom. The bride and groom will outline broadly what is required and the Photographers will advise on planning, logistics and timings where needed. If required the bride and groom are welcome to arrange an additional chat closer to the time of the wedding (about 2 weeks) in the form of a phonemail or video call to iron out the remaining details. In any case I will contact you by phone/email a few days before the wedding to ensure that there have been no last minute changes.
8. BOOKING FEE/DEPOSIT: In the event of the bride and groom cancelling the wedding for any reason the booking fee is non refundable. It will be considered as liquidated damages to the Photographers.
9. PRE WEDDING SHOOT: The pre wedding shoot will take place at a location agreed upon by both parties. Any expenses occurred (see expenses incurred) will also be applicable to the pre wedding shoot. The pre wedding shoot duration will be limited to a time of 2 hours, not including transit time, unless otherwise agreed by both parties. Any change of clothing/appearance required during the shoot will be agreed upon before the shoot and the photographer must be made aware prior to the event date. The Photographer will deliver between 100 – 200 fully edited images to the Client(s), this may however vary from event to event and is left up to the discretion of the photographer.
10. COOPERATION: The Bride and Groom and the Photographer consent to happily cooperate and communicate with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of this contract. The photographer will recommend in writing a time slot and duration for Bride & Groom portraits. It is at the Bride & Grooms discretion if they are to follow this advice therefore the photographers will not be held responsible for lack of portrait images. For formal/group photos we recommend that the wedding photographer(s) be provided with a helper (usually the best manor ushers) who will point out key individuals to be photographed. The photographer(s) may also require the assistance of the best man/ushers in organizing family groups. The bride and groom also agree to give the photographer(s) sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give the photographer time to prepare e.g. Bouquet throwing, cutting the cake, speeches etc. Please note that not all guests at wedding, including the bridal party, like having their photo taken. In such cases the wedding photographer(s) will use their discretion but cannot be held responsible for a lack of photos of these people.
11. COVERAGE: The photographer will document the events in a candid manner and take formal portraits as necessary. Prior to or during the event, the bride and groom may inform the photographer of subjects which they would like photographed, but the final content of the images is at the discretion of the photographer(s). The photographer(s) will endeavour to capture all events to the highest quality and are free to leave the event when they feel the necessary amount of images have been captured.
12. SAFETY: The Photographer reserves the right to terminate coverage and leave the location of the Event(s) if the Photographer experiences inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behavior from the person(s) at the Event(s), or in the event that the safety of the Photographer, or the Photographer’s equipment, are in question.
13. THE SCHEDULE: Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve a great set of wedding photos for the bride and groom, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the bride and groom and the Photographers therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to producing outstanding photographic results. In cases where the wedding does not run on time (for example, extreme lateness by the bride arriving to the church) we cannot guarantee to take our normal set of photos although in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
14. PAPARAZZI WEDDING GUESTS: All your guests will have digital cameras and all your guests will want to photograph the bride and groom. In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the bride and groom agree to give the Photographers precedence over your guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services described above. We cannot be held liable for a lack of wedding photos if guests taking their own photos of the bride and groom have continually interrupted the photographer’s work.
15. HARASSMENT: The Clients acknowledge that they are responsible for ensuring appropriate behavior by their guests, wedding party, and other vendors. In the event that the Photographer identifies any inappropriate, threatening, hostile, or otherwise offensive behavior directed at them, their assistants, or their equipment, Photographer reserves the right to end coverage of the events, retain all fees paid by the Client, and hold no further responsibilities to the Clients. Photographer agrees to notify the Clients of any of the above listed behaviors, and give them an opportunity to correct such behaviors, or remove the offending individuals from the venue prior to ending event coverage.
16. EXCLUSIVITY: The photographer will be the sole and exclusive photographer for the above listed events. Photographer is responsible for bringing any equipment or assistants necessary to conduct the services outlined in this contract. Clients agree to prevent any other photographers or videographers at the events listed in this contract from interfering with the Photographer’s performance of their duties. This includes wedding guests and other amateur photographers or videographers. Photographer will not be held liable for compromised event coverage due to interference from other parties, including late arrivals by members of the wedding party or their guests. Likewise, Photographer is not responsible for degraded coverage due to environmental issues, such as poor event lighting, space, or backdrops. During the Event(s) the photographer shall request time alone with the Client(s) during the portrait session, guests will be asked to leave this session.
17. HOUSE RULES: Note the Photographers are sometimes limited by rules imposed by registrars, ministers and venue management as to what can and cannot be done. For example some ministers insist that no flash photography is allowed, and others will insist that the Photographers shoot from a specific location. In such circumstances the bride and groom agree to accept the technical limitations that may be imposed on the equipment used. We advise the bride and groom to make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with the personnel concerned.
18. COPYRIGHT LAW: English Copyright Law states that the copyright of photographs remains with the photographer. The Photographers grant the Bride and Groom permission to make copies of the images under the following conditions. The images taken by the Photographers are for personal use by the bride and groom and their friends and relatives. The Bride and Groom may not change or manipulate these images in any shape or form and also credit the photographers relevant social media accounts and/or website where possible. Selling, Publication or any Commercial use of the photographs is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from the Photographers.
19. COPYRIGHT RETENTION: The copyright of all photographs is owned by The Photographer. We give permission to The Photographer to use any image of our wedding for industry competitions and as required subsequent usage and for general promotional advertising for Chris Bradshaw Photography.
20. ARTISTIC LICENCE: The Photographer/s shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. The Photographer’s judgement regarding the locations/poses and number of images taken shall be deemed correct. Due to the vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all the images requested.
21. POST PRODUCTION EDITING & IMAGE DELIVERY: The final post production and editing styles, effects, and overall look of the images are left to the discretion of the Photographer. The main Event(s) images may take up to 8 to 12 weeks to edit and deliver to the Client(s) from the Event(s) date. In rare cases the editing time may be longer. This time is required for the Photographer to hand edit each image. The Photographer will deliver 500+ fully edited colour images and roughly 1/3 black and white to the Client(s), this may however vary from event to event and is left up to the discretion of the photographer. For quality purposes the editing times cannot be rushed or changed. If the Client(s) require thank you note images to be released earlier this can be organised in writing with the Photographer. All images will be kept for 1 year and thereafter any photos not selected to be used in the online gallery will be deleted. The online gallery has an expiration date of one year after publishing.
22. USB PACKAGE & DELIVERY: The photographer is not liable for any failure to collect USB package deliveries. Any further delivery charges related to lack of collection by the client(s) will be invoiced at the cost of re-delivery. If the client requires another box to be sent due to delivery issues beyond the photographers control the client will be liable for the extra cost, to cover production and shipping, of £120.
23. WEDDING ALBUMS: The client must select images for the wedding album within 90 days fo receiving the online gallery. Any selections after there allowed 90 days will void the order.
24. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: If a photographer is too ill or becomes injured and cannot supply the wedding services specified above the Photographers try to book a replacement wedding photographer. Under normal circumstances a second photographer from the Photographers is there for the day and this photographer will then shoot the day on his/her own. If both photographers are unavailable and a replacement photographer cannot be found then liability is limited to a refund of any payments received with no additions. The Photographers have working methods in place to prevent the loss or damage to your images. However, there is the unlikely possibility that images may be lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons in or beyond our control. In these circumstances liability is limited to the return of fees paid for the service or part thereof according to the percentage of images supplied. In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
25. PRICING & PAYMENT: Any additional goods or services not included in this wedding photography contract will be sold at then-current rates. Photographer makes no pricing guarantees outside of the terms of this contract, and the Bride & Groom acknowledge that prices for additional goods or services are subject to change suddenly and without notice. Payment will be by bank transfer only. Please do not use Paypal as transfer fees will be applicable. If Paypal is used as method of payment the Bride & Groom will be held liable for any transfer fees incurred. If paying by bank transfer is a problem an alternative payment method can be discussed.
26. EXPENSES INCURRED: When applicable, the Client(s) are responsible for all petrol expenses above 120 miles roundtrip, train and travel fares, accommodation, meal, venue access fees and photography permission fees, and any other additional costs incurred by the Photographer.
27. REFRESHMENTS: The bride and groom agree to provide a meal and refreshments for the photographer(s) in a quiet & secluded area with access to mains power for backing-up purposes where the length of attendance exceeds five hours.
28. FORCE MAJEURE OR ACT OF GOD: The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control. However the booking fee remains non refundable.